søndag 26. august 2012

Tokyo field trip


I am travelling to Tokyo tomorrow to start the next phase of my research. The goal is to get more in tune with the situation of today, map and collect data that I will use to develop the concept of "hike-ability". It has been 1 1/2 year since my last visit and I will meet old friends, collegues and architects that will hopefully fill me up with inspiration and fuel my creativity for the next months. I will work mostly in Tokyo, but there will also be a trip to Hamamatsu and Takayama.

As a result of this field trip I will end up with three products

TOKYOdocument
- redefined task definition
- Tokyo phenonomen and challenges; how can the concept of hike-ability be a solution
- ways of movement in Tokyo
- interview/discussion with people
- examples of public spaces in Tokyo that work/do not work
- case study of relevant sites/areas for further intervention

TOKYOimages
- a travel diary with words and images reflecting my experiences

FILM
- a film that reflects the current atmosphere in Tokyo, about movement, urban spaces, spacial situations

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar